About Me


I am a happy girl that travel across Hong Kong, Singapore, and Shanghai for my work. Maybe half a year at Singapore, half a year at China with my family. I write about my life, what I see, funny photos and vidoes.

Your comments are most welcomed. If you have anything to share, can email me at cc.carol.chew@gmail.com


Recent Articles


Now, almost everything is made in China. You go to Hollywood, the souvenir you buy also made in China. I know that many westerners treat the Chinese culture or Chinese character as something very "cool". They will buy those traditional furniture, or wearing a shirt with Chinese character on top. However, I think is good for them to understand Chinese sometimes, if not....

Quite funny right? See the one in the TV?

Related Posts by Categories



6 comments:

Anonymous @ April 13, 2009 at 12:24 PM

Hi Carol. I just read this blog about a girl upset with a professor that made remarks about Chinese girls dating foreigners, and was wondering what you thought about it. Maybe you could write a blog entry with your thoughts or something. Anyways, just a suggestion.

Here is the link to the Chinese version: http://www.hecaitou.com/blogs/hecaitou/archives/133593.aspx

Here is the link to the English version: http://sun-zoo.com/chinageeks/2009/04/13/on-dating-foreigners-and-penis-size/

Jeslyn Wong @ April 13, 2009 at 2:35 PM

Anything, as long as got Chinese character, they will think it is "cool".

I saw something more funny before, but can't remember it now... tell you when I can think of it.

Woods @ April 13, 2009 at 4:59 PM

Can we have english translations ??
Thanks for your cool blog.
-- Woods

hyperX @ April 14, 2009 at 1:02 AM

I prefer the last one... "Chicken"...

Bill @ April 15, 2009 at 4:55 AM

Pic 1: Pig
Pic 2: Deranged, insane, crazy
Pic 3: I love intercourse
Pic 3: Chicken, aka Prostitute

Anonymous @ July 8, 2009 at 4:54 AM

There’s an entire blog a guy made just about this. I can't remember its URL but IIRC it is mostly about stupid tattoos in Zhong wen.
One thing I remember from reading feedback from the site is that some words or characters can seem stupid in Chinese but ave a different meaning or another connotation in Japanese tjat makes sense.

All I can say about people wearing characters is usually it seems to be teens or young people. (often "bimbo" type girls. I‘ve noticed) It started about 12 years ago or so, maybe a bit earlier for young teens exposed to Japanese cartoons and video games

Just call it revenge for all the terrible Ying wen I saw in Asia on shirts, scooters, signs, food, restaurant walls, etc. :P
you can see lots of examples @ engrish.com

Search with box above