About Me


I am a happy girl that travel across Hong Kong, Singapore, and Shanghai for my work. Maybe half a year at Singapore, half a year at China with my family. I write about my life, what I see, funny photos and vidoes.

Your comments are most welcomed. If you have anything to share, can email me at cc.carol.chew@gmail.com


Recent Articles


I can't remember her name, an ex-singer, who married to a 鬼佬 Gwai Low / Gwai Louh / Gwai Lou / Gwailo / Gweilo (whatever you pronounce it, a Caucasian). You see their daughters are so much pretty, definitely they are getting much attention in their high school.

It appears to me that, no matter how good looking or bad looking are the parents, as long as you are mixed-blood, you will be special and pretty. Either the hairs color, eyes color, shape of nose, etc... all are prefect, unlike us, need to dye the hair, or have a flat nose..... Well, here are some photos that I took during the movie Marley and Me premier.

Maybe I should get my daughters as mixed-blood as well... :)

Related Posts by Categories



7 comments:

Kriscell @ January 20, 2009 at 2:35 PM

I agree that mixed-blood are always getting people attention. However not all are pretty. It is just that they have the unique features of both their parents thus the diff.

Anonymous @ January 20, 2009 at 4:07 PM

Kriscell, try an african and caucasian, and that is unique too but you won't call that pretty my friend.

Horizon @ January 20, 2009 at 7:06 PM

Mixed-blood is pretty but those in photos you provided are average only. :)

Bill @ January 20, 2009 at 11:25 PM

She is Teresa Carpio, a Philippino /Chinese, a vocal teacher in Toronto Canada.

Michael Yip @ January 21, 2009 at 10:19 AM

Teresa Carpio's daughters are indeed very pretty, met them in person when I was covering Teresa's event in Genting. Still have some ways to go to emulate the success of their mom though.

Anonymous @ January 28, 2009 at 12:24 PM

My little one is mixed (1/2(EN/DE/JW) 1/2 ZH) and so far people think he is cute. will have to wait to see if it holds up tho, cute babies may not make cute adults :-/
mixed race can be cool but you must not forget the stigmas they can encounter as eurasian mixes(they are always alien wherever they go as they never look right - exception being HongKong where there are a lot of mixes and they mingle no probs).
Occasional Hei/Huang babies crop up and they can be spectacular, as can be Jap/Lat - check brazilian japanese babes).

Laoshi Carrie @ February 2, 2009 at 3:40 PM

I agree with your idea but you should know that in English "mixed-blood" is considered a little offensive today. It is more appropriate to say "multiracial".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multiracial

Search with box above